Wednesday, April 20, 2011

掛け軸 Kakejiku Partial Remount

This scroll was one of two ordered by a customer.

If you would like to order a custom scroll there are three ways to get started: 1. Go to my shopping site at www.shop.customjapanesecalligraphy.com 2. Download my scroll design workbook from my website at www.customjapanesecalligraphy.com to read about the concepts behind kakejiku or wallscroll design. 3. E-mail to me directly at sales@customjapanesecalligraphy.com 

This was a scroll acquired by his father and he wanted to have it remounted. This scroll was in the sandan Hyougu style with a paper Ten and Chi. The Hassou was completely removed from the scroll and the paper was ripped terribly bad. There was also some stain on the Chuumawashi.

So I took off about 5 bun on the top and the bottom of the chuumawashi to keep dimensions consistent. I then mounted some Khaki cloth that I had on the drying board previously for another project. I then put another layer of Sourauchi on the work and let it dry, it came out pretty nicely.

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Centimeters Size in Inches


天 Ten 127

上中廻し Ue Chuumawashi 25

上一文字 Ue Ichimonji 3

紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 73

紙本の長さ Artwork Length 219

柱 Pillars 10

下一文字 Shita Ichimonji 3

下中廻し Shita Chuumawashi 17

地 Chi 88

掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 93

掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 479

No comments: