Friday, November 8, 2019

Native American in Canoe


This is a painting done by Polish artist Mariusz Szmerdt. I think he is very talented. I asked him to create a painting of some North American themes, with the idea of the bonsai market in mind. I specifically asked him for a Native American in a canoe. I asked the painting to be non-descript and with minimal detail. I think his use of Haboku is incredible. This is key to a bonsai display and allowing the bonsai to be the focal point of the display. It is done in a Sandan Hyougu style. The jikusaki is Nezumi iro (light gray) and the jikusaki are a stained ebony, that is machined. If you would like to purchase this scroll, please contact me at sales@customjapanesecalligraphy.com
The scroll is roughly 1 foot wide by 4.5 feet long.

No comments: