Tuesday, August 27, 2013

柿の実 Persimmon Fruit Wallscroll


This painting was done by Mariusz Szmerdt, a polish artist. I like his painting techniques and ability to capture many different ideas and images. He is very talented. This is one in the series done for the American Bonsai Society convention in Saratoga Springs NY.ever

When framing this I was thinking in reverse to put it in the fall season. Most of the Persimmon's I ate in Japan were in the early winter. So for me this was about the Harvest. The scroll starts with mimicking the fruit color with the Ichimonji which has a gold on orange background. It is then fallowed by the cloth with gold cloud pattern...This is by far the most expensive cloth I have purchased and is easily at $150 per yard...It is finished with a shike Ten/Chi in a Khaki/Gold color. The jikusaki are Bamboo, and the Hanging string is light gold...
Dimensions as follows:


Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
Ten 112 13.36
上中廻し Ue Chuumawashi 69 8.23
上一文字 Ue Ichimonji 10 1.19
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 81 9.66
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 100 11.93
Pillars 17 2.03
下一文字 Shita Ichimonji 7 0.84
下中廻し Shita Chuumawashi 50 5.96
Chi 70 8.35
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 115 13.72
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 408 48.67
I know I have my ideas of how I will display it, but what do you think?

No comments: