Monday, August 26, 2013

Native American Warrior Protrait Sumie Kakejiku

This painting is a little too bold for the ABS convention, but I will take it anyway. The painting is not detailed, allowing viewer to imagine the details. It was painted by Natsuko Horinouchi. I used the distant mountain designs in the cloth to go along with the cliff in the painting. The red shike cloth places the scroll in the Autumn season. I completed it with the Kodai San Iro Kakehimo and plastic ivory jikusaki.
If you would like a custom scroll painted and made, contact Jonathan Maples at info@customjapanesecalligraphy.com
Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
天 Ten 100 11.93
上中廻し Ue Chuumawashi 30 3.58
紙本の幅さ Artwork  Width 85 10.14
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 293 34.95
柱 Pillars 5 0.60
下中廻し Shita Chuumawashi 20 2.39
地 Chi 60 7.16
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 95 11.33
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 503 60.00

No comments: