Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Martial Arts Order

This was a kakejiku order for a Martial Artist in the Western US. In the beginning, he wanted to order a plain light green cloth, but I had this in stock and thought it would be better. It is written in the Semi-cursive style called gyousho and reads 練習 Renshu or Practice. In the original translation I was thinking to use the word Kunren or training, but I felt this was more appropriate as it is more individual. It is written by Ryugyoku (Yoshimi Yamada Maples).

It is completed with a Kurenai (Deep Crimson) dull lacquer wood jikusaki and a takuboku Hanging string. It was an enjoyable order to get finished.
Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
天 Ten 114 13.60
上一文字 Ue Ichimonji 12 1.43
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 77 9.19
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 106 12.64
柱 Pillars 10 1.19
下一文字 Shita Ichimonji 6.5 0.78
地 Chi 70 8.35
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 97 11.57
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 308.5 36.80

No comments: