Thursday, September 5, 2013

Peace Calligraphy Scroll



This scroll is available for sale. It is priced at $150.00 for inquiry please contact sales@customjapanesecalligraphy.com . Some may wonder, well I can buy a scroll for less on many other sites. Perhaps true, but my scrolls are made by hand and take about one entire day of labor to complete. 

This work was written on paper by Ryugyoku (Yoshimi Yamada Maples) in the Semi cursive style called Gyousho. I will also be showing this at the American Bonsai Society Convention in Saratoga Springs NY. I framed it in the three step style called Sandan Hyougu. I used some pure silks for this scroll, and that is the reason for the $150.00 price. The middle cloth costs about $100 per meter. But I really like the quality of these cloths. The kakehimo is Kodai San Iro, and the kakejiku is a Shitan (Rosewood) Enshu, which has a concave shape and a lip on the far edge. I think it turned out very beautifully.

Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
Ten 113 13.48
上中廻し Ue Chuumawashi 30 3.58
上一文字 Ue Ichimonji 12 1.43
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 78 9.30
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 105 12.53
Pillars 10 1.19
下一文字 Shita Ichimonji 8 0.95
下中廻し Shita Chuumawashi 20 2.39
Chi 70 8.35
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 98 11.69
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 346 41.27

No comments: