Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Osensei Morihei Ueshiba Sumi Kakejiku

 This is painted by Mariusz Szmerdt of Poland. He has such talent to do either abstract or very detailed painting. I wanted to do justice to the quality of the painting, so in this case I chose a black gold flower Karakusa (arabesque) that is a  Pure silk for the Chumawashi (intermediate cloth). I chose a gold on gold with a small flower karakusa for the border to contrast with the black cloth, and for the Ten/Chi, I used a benberugu, shike cloth that is khaki/tan. It is completed with a Ceramic jikusaki that has a dark brown that creates a color symmetry with the black cloth. It is finished with a Gold (Kincha) hanging string.










Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
天 Ten 100 11.93
上中廻し Ue Chuumawashi 51 6.08
上一文字 Ue Ichimonji 13 1.55
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 100 11.93
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 210 25.05
柱 Pillars 20 2.39
下一文字 Shita Ichimonji 8 0.95
下中廻し Shita Chuumawashi 24 2.86
地 Chi 55 6.56
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 140 16.70
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 448 53.44

No comments: