Friday, September 19, 2014

Handmade Byoubu

屏風 Byoubu is another common product made by Hyousoushi. My Sensei called me only a Hyougushi up to this point, but if I can learn to make other products as nicely as the scrolls, then I hope that I can be an overall Hyousoushi.


In Japan, you can purchase the Kamachi (inner frame) that is already premanufactured. But here I have to make all the measurements and cuts myself. I then followed the directions that my Sensei taught to me. I put the final paper on over a year ago, but had not finished the wood trim.


I finally decided on staining the wood cherry, and did that a couple of months back. Finally tonight I made the cuts and finished the framing.


If you would like to purchase this or would like one handmade for yourself in a custom style, please let me know at sales@customjapanesecalligraphy.com

No comments: