Thursday, December 24, 2009

Shikishi Kake Scroll for Picture


The following scroll was made as a gift for a neighbor who helped me with some plumbing work in my house. He is an avid outdoorsman and hunter. So I wanted to use cloth that matched his interests. When I saw this at the store, I knew this would make a beautiful scroll. I put the forest green chumawashi to represent the forest.

The character in this scroll will be replaced by a picture that he wants to frame, but the character in this picture is for a variation on beauty. The character actually is composed of the character of Deer in the radical below. I felt this character was very approriate for the scroll being displayed.

This is a longer scroll about 4.5 feet long by 1 foot wide.

To all of Custom Japanese Calligraphy customers, fans and loyal followers have a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. メリークリスマスと開けましておめでとうございます。

No comments: