Friday, January 22, 2010

Custom Hanshi Size Kakejiku Wall Scrolls


The following two scrolls were made on commission and are already sold. For inquiries on the price of a commission work contact me at Jonathan Maples or go to my Webstore and click on Kakejiku for different scroll prices. 

This customer requested two scrolls made for each of his child's names. The word for rain is Ame and the word for wind is Kaze, which he also requested to be written in the Romanized form of Japanese below the character. I chose the green cloth for the rain because rain brings precious life to the plants making the world green around us. I chose the blue for the wind because at times the chill of the wind can make us feel blue.


I am including closeups of the works and the Jikusaki so one can see how the work looks...

No comments: