Monday, May 3, 2010

Dojo Karate Scroll

This custom piece was ordered from the Ozawa Cup tournament. It is a beautiful Hanshi scroll written in Kaisho style. The words beginning from the top right to bottom right and then top left to bottom left is Spirit 霊、Peace 和、and Discipline 鍛錬. The thing that I liked most about the scroll, is that although the hashira were quite narrow, about 10 bun, it seemed to bring out the bold strong strokes of the Calligraphy.

If you would like to order a custom scroll there are three ways to get started: 1. Go to my shopping site at www.shop.customjapanesecalligraphy.com 2. Download my scroll design workbook from my website at www.customjapanesecalligraphy.com to read about the concepts behind kakejiku or wallscroll design. 3. E-mail to me directly at sales@customjapanesecalligraphy.com

No comments: