Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dee Teller Sumie - #11 True Dream Peace Moon

 This was the 11th scroll done in a series for the Dee Teller, who has a one artist exhibition for Asia Speaks. I originally designed this as a Fukuro Hyougu style scroll, but had some difficulty with the Suji. I wanted a cooler color to go with the orange Moon, so I originally used a plain Navy cloth with silver Suji. The silver Suji did not adhere like they normally do, and as a result, I took it off and redid it with this patterned blue cloth. I wanted to keep it cool, but I was concerned that the leaf pattern would be disturbing to the image, but it seemed to make sense after putting next to the bare branches.

The jikusaki was a very simple ebony wood. It is simple and provides a good contrast to the end piece.

Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
天 Ten 88 10.50
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 113 13.48
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 178 21.23
柱 Pillars 20 2.39
地 Chi 65 7.75
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 153 18.25
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 331 39.49

No comments: