Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dee Teller Sumie - #11 True Dream Peace Moon

 This was the 11th scroll done in a series for the Dee Teller, who has a one artist exhibition for Asia Speaks. I originally designed this as a Fukuro Hyougu style scroll, but had some difficulty with the Suji. I wanted a cooler color to go with the orange Moon, so I originally used a plain Navy cloth with silver Suji. The silver Suji did not adhere like they normally do, and as a result, I took it off and redid it with this patterned blue cloth. I wanted to keep it cool, but I was concerned that the leaf pattern would be disturbing to the image, but it seemed to make sense after putting next to the bare branches.

The jikusaki was a very simple ebony wood. It is simple and provides a good contrast to the end piece.

Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
Ten 88 10.50
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 113 13.48
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 178 21.23
Pillars 20 2.39
Chi 65 7.75
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 153 18.25
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 331 39.49

No comments: