Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dee Teller Sumie #18 - Artists paintbrush



 This was the final scroll done for Dee Teller's solo art exhibition. It is a painting of a peacock feather titled Artists Paintbrush. I really liked the design, but had some health issues while finishing it. Particularly, some areas on the mimiori did not go perfectly. However, I really liked the design we worked out for this wallscroll. I wanted to accent the purple and gold that makes this painting so beautiful. So I wanted to use this purple gold purple pattern in a Sandan Hyougu (3 Step) style kakejiku to accentuate these colors. I finished it with a Nashi Chi Jikusaki that has a gold/red glitter look to it, whcih I felt was good for the overall design. For the Kakehimo I used a deep purple with a gold pattern in it..

Dimensions as follows:

Name in Kanji Name in English Size in Bun Size in Inches
天 Ten 125 14.91
上中廻し Ue Chuumawashi 43 5.13
上一文字 Ue Ichimonji 13 1.55
紙本の幅さ Artwork Width 70 8.35
紙本の長さ Artwork Length 223 26.60
柱 Pillars 15 1.79
下一文字 Shita Ichimonji 9 1.07
下中廻し Shita Chuumawashi 24 2.86
地 Chi 85 10.14
掛け軸の幅さ Scroll Width 100 11.93
掛け軸の長さ Scroll Length 509 60.72

No comments: